Virtual Home Visiting 104: Facilitating Parent-Child Connections
This 45-minute module explores how to observe the child, the parent, and the environment through interactive video calls and telephone with the goal of supporting parent child connections. The module will also discuss strategies for strengthening and sustaining parents’ interactions with their children.
- Describe how to observe parent-child interactions during a virtual home visit.
- Define ways to leverage daily routines to support parent-child interactions.
- Identify opportunities to initiate and sustain positive parent-child experiences.
- Demonstrate strategies that support parents in observing their child and the environment.
- Use coaching strategies in parent-child connections.
Rapid Response - Virtual Home Visiting Collaborative. (2021). Virtual Home Visiting 104: Facilitating Parent-Child Connections. Institute for the Advancement of Family Support Professionals. https://institutefsp.org/modules/virtual-home-visiting-104-facilitating-parent-child-connections
- Institute for the Advancement of Family Support Professionals
- Supplemental Materials
- Estimated Time to Complete
- 45 minutes
- Skills Addressed