Maximizing Team and Peer Networks
Learn about effective teams and the different roles needed from each team member. Examine multiple strategies to honor diversity and improve communication when working with diverse populations.
- Explain the difference between a team and a work group
- Identify the attributes that make a team member effective
- Discern different team member roles and understand their function
- Evaluate their own conflict management style and assess others'
- Explain the internal and external dimensions of diversity
- Assess their personal sensitivity stage on the Intercultural Sensitivity Continuum
- Compare their experiences of American culture with the experience of those from another culture
- Apply strategies to improve communication with diverse audiences
- Iowa Department of Public Health
- Estimated Time to Complete
- 240 minutes
- Skills Addressed
- Cultural and Linguistic Responsiveness Cultural humility Self-awareness Dynamics of Family Relationships Healthy family functioning Family communication Conflict resolution Cultural competency Cultural identity