Growing Healthy Children 1
Growing Healthy Children is a series of three 30-minute online modules about nutrition and physical activity across the lifespan. The modules explore the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention's five strategies for growing healthy children and preventing obesity - breastfeeding, nutrition, physical activity, limiting screen time, and eliminating sugary drinks. family support professionals will learn important information about each of the strategies as well as parent education techniques for sharing this important information with families.
- Identify and describe the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention's five strategies for growing healthy children and preventing obesity
- Describe the nutritional requirements of pregnant mothers, breastfeeding mothers, infants, toddlers and young children.
- List types and amounts of healthy activity for adults and for children of different ages
- Discuss guidelines for limiting screen time for children
- Describe parent education and support techniques related to growing healthy children
- Early Impact Virginia
- Supplemental Materials
- Estimated Time to Complete
- 30 minutes
- Skills Addressed
- Child Health, Safety, and Nutrition Family Health, Safety, and Nutrition Child nutrition Breastfeeding Formula feeding Nutrition of young children Maternal health Prenatal nutrition Pregnancy risk factors Infant and Early Childhood Development Infant care Crying Parent-Child Interactions Parent-child relationship Prenatal care Sensitivity and responsiveness