Family Partnerships that Support Health and Mental Health
Focus on meeting the physical and mental health needs of both parents and children. Background information on mental health disorders and treatments will be provided. Learn strategies for encouraging families to take advantage of the often under-utilized resources in the mental health system and how to obtain appropriate health care.
- Articulate the importance of strong parent involvement in their children's health promotion and meeting their children's health needs
- Explain the importance of a medical home and well child examinations and immunizations
- Describe the benefits of breastfeeding and the importance of healthy eating for families
- Identify personal values and beliefs about mental illness and how they might affect practice
- Describe the symptoms of major mental health disorders
- Articulate the possible effects of adult mental illness on parenting and children