Adult Mental Health Part One
The Adult Mental Health & Perinatal Depression series offers family support professionals basic information about mental health disorders and provides an understanding of how trauma, abuse and violence affect a person’s mental health.
Part 1, Adult Mental Health, a 45-minute module, will give participants tools and strategies to recognize women and families at risk for mental health issues, develop a plan for referral, and provide ongoing support to families with mental health disorders.
- Identify personal feelings and stigma about mental health disorders
- Identify types and prevalence of mental health disorders and co-occurring disorders
- Understand how trauma and Adverse Childhood Experiences affect individuals’ mental health and impact parenting
- Recognize behaviors and symptoms in adults that may indicate a need for referral to a mental or behavioral health professional
- Institute for the Advancement of Family Support Professionals
- Supplemental Materials
- Estimated Time to Complete
- 45 minutes
- Skills Addressed
- Family Health, Safety, and Nutrition Maternal health Mental health Depression Mental illness Dynamics of Family Relationships Influences on family well-being Risks and stressors Physical health Substance use