National Family Support
The purpose of the National Family Support Certification Exam is to provide a national credential for family support professionals who demonstrate the basic novice level of core competencies (from the National Family Support Competency Framework for Family Support Professionals) necessary of a family support professional.
- You are taking the National Family Support Certification Exam
- Your participation will take between one and two hours
- You will be asked to provide demographic information and answer 100 multiple choice questions
- You will be observed through your webcam by an online proctor
- Overall exam results and results by domain will be available through your Institute account after you finish the exam, following a review of testing behavior reported by ProctorU
- If you pass the exam without any rule violations or other academic incidents, you will receive the National Family Support Certificate through your Institute account
- If you do not pass the exam or were flagged for questionable or unallowable behavior, you can take the exam one more time after a period of six months. Any exam fees will have to paid to take the exam again.
- After taking the exam, you cannot communicate about or disseminate the content or questions contained within the exam
- You must adhere to the exam rules outlined below
You will be asked to provide answers to 17 demographic questions and 100 multiple-choice exam questions. Each multiple-choice question has four answer choices with one correct answer. It should take between one and two hours to complete this exam. Your exam will be recorded and monitored by a proctor through an online proctoring service called ProctorU. ProctorU uses automated identity verification, requiring pictures to be taken of you and a valid ID by your webcam. The proctor will examine your testing environment to ensure all requirements are met prior to the exam. You will be observed by the proctor live through your webcam. Any potential misconduct during the exam will be reported and reviewed. Testing behavior that does not follow the rules and limits provided below will result in disqualification from receiving the National Family Support Certificate. If you complete the exam without any violations, you will receive your results and National Family Support Certificate (if you pass) through your Institute account. This will happen after a review of the ProctorU testing behavior report is completed.
It is your responsibility prior to your scheduled exam date to make sure your computer or laptop, web browser, and workstation (where you will take the exam) meets ProctorU requirements. You are also responsible for installing and enabling the ProctorU extension on your web browser. It is recommended that you use a wired internet connection. If your Wi-Fi connection is disrupted, you risk disqualification and losing your exam attempt. It is your responsibility to let others in your household or workplace know that you are taking a proctored exam and that no one can be in the room with you or talk to you during this time. You are responsible for knowing and adhering to the exam rules outlined below.
· No physical or digital materials or resources are allowed during the exam
· Your physical exam environment must be clear—free of books, papers, office supplies, and other unnecessary items
· Your computer must have all unnecessary software, files, and other browser windows closed
· You can only have one screen/monitor connected to your computer
· You cannot take any breaks (including bathroom breaks) during the exam
· You must be free of distraction—you will not be allowed to leave your workstation once you start the exam
· You are not allowed to have anyone in the room with you during the exam
· You cannot talk to anyone, nor can anyone talk to you while you are taking the exam
· You are not allowed to have your cell phone during the exam
· Non-religious head coverings or hats are not allowed
NON-DISCLOSURE AGREEMENT AND CONSENT
By participating in this exam, you are agreeing that you will not record, disclose, or disseminate any content or questions from the exam. Your agreement means you will not make any written or electronic record of any content or questions contained within the exam. This agreement also means that you will not discuss or share any content or questions contained within the exam through any form of communication in-person and/or through a phone, computer, tablet or other electronic device. If you wish, you can refer people who ask about the exam to the National Family Support Competency Framework for Family Support Professionals located at https://institutefsp.org. You can tell others that the questions measure competencies in the framework.
Additionally, you agree to be video recorded and monitored while you take the exam by an online proctor through ProctorU. You agree to an automated identity verification and any follow-up identity confirmation necessary by the proctor. This involves using your webcam to take a picture of yourself and a valid ID. You agree to allow the proctor to examine your testing environment. You also agree to allow the proctor to address and examine any potential misconduct or suspicious behavior. You agree to follow the exam rules and understand that any violation may result in disqualification from receiving the National Family Support Certificate and your exam results.
Also, by participating in this exam, you agree to your answers being used to maintain the validation of the exam. Personally identifiable information such as your agency, name, and email address will be removed from all analyses. You agree to your de-identified data being used for, but not limited to: technical reports, public presentations, academic publications, trainings, and other formal and informal communication.
By beginning the exam, you agree that you have read this entire form and that you agree to and understand the conditions of your participation. Please do not enter the exam if you do not agree to the conditions of your participation or if you do not understand the conditions of your participation.