The Nuts and Bolts of Family Support Practice
Explore the fundamentals of family support practice, including: quality improvement initiatives and the tools and methods used to implement them, strategies to enhance the relationship with their supervisor and how policies and procedures underpin family support work.
- Identify the principles, benefits, tools and methods of quality improvement projects
- Apply knowledge of the PDCA (Plan-Do-Check-Act) model to improve processes
- Identify and engage in strategies to build a strong partnership with a supervisor
- Understand different personality types and effective communication strategies for each type
- Understand the difference between policies and procedures and the role each plays
- Identify and appropriately use agency assets