Performance Evaluation: Celebrating and Guiding the Family Support Professional
In this module, the supervisor will improve their ability to evaluate staff performance and learn strategies to create an atmosphere where continuous feedback is welcome. Participants will learn techniques and practice skills in giving both positive and negative feedback.
- Reframe the concept of performance evaluation from a one-time appraisal to an ongoing process
- Understand why people don't perform
- Use the competency task analyses to ensure that performance expectations are realistic
- Recognize the value in both positive and negative feedback
- Develop an increased comfort level in giving constructive feedback
- Design a creative, low-cost employee recognition program