Family Engagement Part One: Partnering with Parents
The Family Engagement training series provides information and strategies you can use to engage and support families in home visiting. In Part One: Partnering with Parents, a 45- minute module, you'll learn about building relationships that will help families become and stay engaged in home visiting. You'll also learn how reflection can help you in your daily practice with families.
- Be able to define family engagement as it relates to home visiting.
- Be able to discuss the differences between participation and engagement.
- Know the importance of relationship-building to family success in home visiting.
- Understand the three phrases of building a helping relationship.
- Understand and competent in the strategy for reaching "hard-to-reach" families.
- Institute for the Advancement of Family Support Professionals
- Supplemental Materials
- Estimated Time to Complete
- Skills Addressed
- Parent-Child Interactions Dynamics of Family Relationships Healthy family functioning Positive communication Planning Focus on positive child outcomes and parent-child interaction Parenting education